Malfunction Erotica Imprints
All steamy erotica/romance stories with a word length of 20,000 words or more
All menage, bdsm, Fetish, M/M, F/F, etc
Steamy/ Erotica/ or Romance stories with a word length of 5,000-15,000
What is Malfunction Erotica?
Malfunction Erotica is one of the largest marketing platforms for self-published authors today. As part of the MaE team, you retain all rights to your manuscript. We are not a publishing house. Every author at MaE is a self-publishing author. You keep 100% of your profits.
As a marketing platform, we offer any authors that are part of our team full support when it comes to marketing and growing their brand.
Below is a list of all the benefits authors working with us receive:
- 50% discount on all tour packages (cover reveals, release day blitz, promo, tours, etc.) through MaE Book Tours and Promo Stars Services.
- Cover Designs starting at $25.00 (prices based on the author’s vision of their cover and difficulty of putting it together.) To view our cover portfolio click here.
- Discounted Editing services through MaE, Write Divas, and Promo Stars Services.
*As a self-publish author, you are not obligated to use all of the services mentioned above. You are more than welcome to use your own editing team or have your cover designed elsewhere, if you wish.
What We’re Looking For in a Teammate (Submission Guidelines)
As previously stated, Malfunction Erotica is not a publishing house. We are a team of people dedicated to growing not only the MaE brand, but each author’s personal brand. As such, we have specific guidelines when it comes to new authors:
- First and foremost, we’re looking for someone that is ready to be a part of the team. This means that as we help you grow your brand, you are willing to help us work on Malfunction Erotica and help out the other authors on the team as well. Once you are a part of the team, we will help you with all your publicity for any of your books (including the ones not being published under the MaE brand.)
- Stories submitted to us must include sex. We are, first and foremost, an erotica brand with a heavy romance influence. We are open to all genres: Erotic Romance, Paranormal, New Age, Contemporary, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Thriller, Menage, F/F, M/M, historical, comedy, Fantasy, etc.
- Authors must have manuscripts already proof-read or beta’d. If not, the author must be willing to work with someone on our editing teams in order to create the best version of their story possible. Here at MaE, we pride ourselves on delivering quality stories to our readers, and as such, we expect all authors to be willing to put in the work to make this happen.
***If you have any questions about submission, please contact us with the Subject Line: Submissions Questions.
Because yes, despite how shameless we pride ourselves in being, we do have ’em ^_~
- No Rape, or anything close to it. Rough sex, however, is definitely encouraged.
- No Torture. We don’t get off on other people’s pain nor are we looking to bring in stories about this. However, this only applies to the sex. If your character is in a situation where they experience torture as part of your plot, we are open to accepting the story. These stories will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- No Incest. This is in regards to family relations. Non-biological relations (like step-brother and step-sister) do not count and will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- No Bestiality. Although N. Isabelle and Elena do love beastly men, we draw the line at actual sex with animals. Sorry.
- No Necrophilia
So you want to join the ❤MaE❤ Team?
Here’s what we’ll need from you in order to consider you for submissions:
- A Cover Page with your submissions doc including the following:
- Manuscript Title
- Pen Name
- Real Name (For contact purposes only)
- Email Address
- Manuscript Word Count
- MaE Imprint your story falls under
- Any Warnings that apply to story (menage, BDSM, etc.)
- Synopsis (300 Words or less)
**To Submit email us the cover page requested above, as well as the first five chapters of your manuscript. Email must include the Subject Line: MaE Submission – Manuscript Title – MaE Imprint.